photo 1-1.png photo 2.png photo 3.png photo 4.png photo 5.png photo Untitled-2.png

Friday, April 5, 2013

Go Dairy Free


http://www.godairyfree.org is an amazing resource for anybody who is dairy free.  They have a huge product recommendation section that I usually agree with, although they tend to like things a little too much at times.  For example, they say that nondairy cheese tastes “just like the real thing” and I am very sorry, but it does not!  They have some really GREAT recipes though!  I have made some of our favorite recipes from this web site, especially the brownies that I posted here.  They also have a very handy cookbook that has an amazing section that explains dairy allergies, diagnosis of dairy allergies, and a lot of the information you need to know if you or someone you love has a problem with dairy.  The book also contains recipes for product swap outs, like a recipe for nondairy sweetened condensed milk that you just can’t find in the stores.  I love the swap out recipes because they allow me to make almost any recipe I want that originally had dairy in it!  I like the book so much that I just ordered 3 of them to give to my family members that help take care of Major regularly!  

1 comment:

  1. You are sooooo right! Dairy free cheese DOES NOT taste just like the real thing. I think it's gross and would rather do without; even though I love REAL cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete