photo 1-1.png photo 2.png photo 3.png photo 4.png photo 5.png photo Untitled-2.png

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Banana Fauxyo

Today I was craving something sweet, so I tried to make frozen banana puree in my new fancy Vitamix blender (a nondairy mom's dream by the way, but more about that later!)  And I have to tell you, it was DELICIOUS!  It really does taste/feel like soft serve!  Here's the recipe:

Banana FauxYo

2 Bananas, sliced and frozen
1/4-cup peanut butter (I used peanut butter but if you have a nut allergy, sun butter would be delicious in this, or you could omit the nut butter and just up the milk alternative.)
1/2-cup coconut milk (or other nondairy milk)

Put everything in your blender, and pulse until well mixed. Next, put the blender on its highest speed and push the mixture down with a spatula or plunger of some sort.  Blend until smooth!  Enjoy immediately or freeze in a plastic zip top baggie for later!  To serve previously frozen fauxyo, squeeze the baggie until pliable and pipe it into a cone or bowl and enjoy!  



2 comments:

  1. nice! I've only done this with plain bananas - no milk. It works - but I'd bet this is better. You can also add cocoa powder for chocolate or cinnamon and vanilla for some variations. It works pretty well in a food processor too (but my Vita mix is definitely a "go to" - 10 years old and doing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a Vita-Mix. I have a nutribullet (a family favorite), a magic bullet, and some cheap blender from walmart. They all do the jobs I need them to, but a Vitamix would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete