photo 1-1.png photo 2.png photo 3.png photo 4.png photo 5.png photo Untitled-2.png

Friday, June 21, 2013

Safekeepers review


I approached Safekeepers about doing a review of their food storage containers because they are labeled “go” and “stop” so that people with food allergies can easily know if the food in the container is safe for them to eat.  I love this product because they are cute and useful.  Having a toddler with severe food allergies creates a lot of worries in my mind.  Knowing that he has his own special food storage containers to take to other people’s houses (his grandparents house, vacation homes, friends houses) where he will know that the food is safe for him to eat is SO important to me.  I love that I can buy a set of these containers to keep at my parents’ bay house, so that we can keep his “Major safe foods” in the go containers.  Also, I think these containers will be a valuable teaching tool in teaching him about looking for labels on packages and containers before eating a food. 

I have been using these containers daily for about 3 weeks, and I have to say they are awesome!  I love that they are durable, easy to throw in the dishwasher, and easy to spot in the fridge.  So far, we haven’t used many of the “stop” containers as we have a dairy free and 99% soy free household, but they are the same design as the go containers, and the go containers have gotten a workout!  I have washed the containers on both the top and bottom rack of my dishwasher on its hottest setting and they did not melt.  Also they have been in the microwave and done great, the heavy-duty plastic really stands up.  I even let Major step on one play with one for a few days, and I couldn’t even tell.   The only con I have found for the containers is that they can stain if you put something like tomato sauce in them.  This is a problem with most food storage containers on the market so I don’t think it is a reason not to buy these wonderful containers! 



2 comments:

  1. Those are neat! Much more economical than the stickers that are made for saying whether food is safe or not.

    ReplyDelete