photo 1-1.png photo 2.png photo 3.png photo 4.png photo 5.png photo Untitled-2.png

Friday, July 19, 2013

Zucchini Muffins


Major won’t eat vegetables these days, so out of desperation I decided to come up with a recipe for muffins that I am able to hide all kinds of goodies in.  Every time I make them I try to add another veggie into them, the latest batch I made had 2 grated carrots in addition to the zucchini in them, and they are a big treat for breakfast!  I hope your kids enjoy these muffins as much as Major does!

Zucchini Muffins
2 2/3 c. white whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. agave nectar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. allspice
1.5 c grated zucchini
5 oz. coconut oil, melted
1/4c. milk alternative, (I use oat milk but any milk sub will work!)
2 T. vanilla (you are not reading it wrong, it says Tablespoons)
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 c. walnuts or raisins (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Next, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl or mixer.  Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together pour into muffin cups (either grease a muffin tin or use cupcake papers) using an ice cream scoop.  Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment